Let’s talk bikes and cycling :)

Home Forums ONE WORLD Let’s talk bikes and cycling :)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    IwanaIwana
    Participant

Since a big part of Dean’s adventures are about cycling, I though I’d create a post about bikes and cycling. Are there any other members here that are cyclists, be it commuters, road cyclists, mountain bikers? I myself love to road cycle and I commute to work on my folding bike.

I have a Trek bike myself, like Dean, which I love. I think Trek makes fantastic bikes and I will  always stick with them, although I do find myself drooling over Cervélos 🙂

I train every spring/summer to take part in the the yearly GranFondo bike ride. It’s a 122km (1900m elevation) ride from Vancouver, BC, Canada to Whistler, BC, Canada. I’ve been doing it for many years now and love it. I also took part  last year in the “Ride to Conquer Cancer”, which is a 2 day over 200km bike ride, to raise money for the BC Cancer Agency. I signed up again this year but it got postponed to next year due to the pandemic.

I enjoy riding my Brompton folding bike, which I named “Bromhilde” to work every day, rain or shine. In the fall/winter I find myself on more wet commutes than dry, as we get a lot of rain in Vancouver!!! I don’t mind it too much though.

One of my dreams would be to do some cycling in Europe as well, especially through Switzerland, my country of origin, and then down the coast of Italy.

Here are some pics of my two beauties 🙂

keylimepinakeylimepina
    Participant

testing 1 2 3

tried 2x posting a reply with 2 photos with no luck.

ok, long story short…

casual rider for 5 yrs now. longest ride thus far is 157 miles over 3 days.

two liv bikes…one for road cycling and one for casual rides when i don’t feel like clipping in.

will share more in a another post!

IwanaIwana
    Participant

Liv makes some nice looking bikes 🙂  Love some of the paint jobs.

keylimepinakeylimepina
    Participant

hi from houston, tx, usa!

i’m a casual cyclist going on 5 years now. started with YSC TourdePink attempting 200 miles over 3 days. most i’ve done is 157 miles.

i was gifted a Liv Avail for my first ride along with a helmet, shoes and clips since i’m a young breast cancer survivor. at the time i signed up for the ride to celebrate 10 years and because some survivor-sisters peer pressured me. love them to pieces!

last year i acquired a second liv bike for casual rides and when i don’t feel like clipping in or when we are down by the water.

our team wasn’t able to ride this year due to covid-19 but we are still trying to fundraise  and we all rode where we lived…florida, texas, colorado and california.

follow us on IG @thirdcoasterstdp and FB @3rdcoasters

thanks for starting this thread! 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.