Say no to single use plastic!

Home Forums OUR PLANET Say no to single use plastic!

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    adrimcmadrimcm
    Participant
    • I’ve gone back to buying powdered laundry detergent in a cardboard box (surprisingly hard to find these days).
    • I religiously wash and reuse the plastic bags that my English muffins come in.
    • I chose to buy my home within a 4-minute walk of my daily needs (groceries, etc.),  2 minute-walk from transit, and within walking/biking distance of my work.
    • By trade I am a transportation planner working in the public transit industry – trying to help make transit a more attractive transportation choice to people who drive. Switching to transit can cut carbon emissions by 2/3!

PS Dean – I’m a great resource for transportation and communities information across British Columbia, Canada. Feel free to reach out if/when you two make it out here.

CookiesHelpCatsCookiesHelpCats
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’ve been looking for biodegradable dental floss. I think I’m going to give this a try. It’s not made from silk, so no animals involved.</p>
    https://well.ca/products/kmh-touches-flosspot-gold-vegan-dental-floss_174846.html

CookiesHelpCatsCookiesHelpCats
    Participant

I’ve been looking for a biodegradable dental floss. I might give this one a try; it’s not made from silk, so no animals involved.

https://well.ca/products/kmh-touches-flosspot-gold-vegan-dental-floss_174846.html

<p style=”text-align: center;”>Thank you Dean for sharing my Bamboo Cutlery Set!</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>It’s so amazing to see everyone on here being so friendly and sharing ways to reduce our plastic consumption!</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>As a thank you I have given you all 20% off my shop with the code ‘NALA20’ to support your journey and support small businesses in the meantime</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>My bamboo cutlery is completely biodegradable, sustainable and made from 100% natural materials. They can be composted at the end of their life leaving no trail behind. The same with my packaging which is made from recycled paper :)</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>If you have any questions feel free to message me on Instsgram @Seaforyourserlfco</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>All the Best Coren xx</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/SeaForYourselfco</p>

Anyone else finding plastic pollution was talked about a lot at the start of the pandemic and now that we have things such as masks and lateral flow tests made out of single use plastics. We have resorted back into a disposable culture?

Participant

In the U.S. most medical prescriptions are filled in amber plastic bottles or tubes with plastic lids.  And often they are too small in size to be accepted for recycling.  We donate them to veterinarians that provide free pet care to homeless/low-income people.  The donated containers are sterilized and then used for dispensing pet medications.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.