Transparency re:fundraising and charity donations

Home Forums ONE WORLD Transparency re:fundraising and charity donations

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi! I’ve been following Dean and Nala’s story ever since I saw the Dodo video early last year and was part of the first round of fundraisers for the 2019 calendar <3 I know every now and again Dean does an instagram update on which charity has received a £1000 donation however i think it would be a lot better to have more transparency regarding the total funds raised and total donation breakdowns to each charity. Especially considering the first round raised about £90,000 and subsequent campaigns probably grew even more! Not trying to be rude or insinuate anything, but as the story of Nala and Dean gets bigger and bigger and more funds are raised for charity there probably should be a more clear and streamlined approach to allocating and accounting for all the funds. It can only be a good thing to have a bit more clarity and would be really nice to see the scale of what Nala and Deans’s friends and fans around the world have done to help make it a better place! 💛  Best of luck

Participant

Dean’s as transparent as they come! Leave it all in his very capable, warm, loving and sharing hands. It’s his to decide. Thank you Dean.

Participant

Exactly TheOnlyMamaFoster!  Its ironic how people always say not to be rude or insinuate anythign right before they are rude and insunuate something.  I am bummed I didn’t order a calendar on time, hope there is another printing.

Participant

To Kinvara.v   —  I felt rather dismayed and somewhat angry when I read your post regarding Dean and the charities to which he donates on an almost weekly basis.  I am not quite sure what you are trying to insinuate!  Dean does not really need to state what he gives to each charity (I am sure they all appreciate anything) – he does show a list of the charities and the countries which have received a donation.  I think the majority of their fans know just how much Dean and Nala want to help animal charities and the environment and, at the end of the day, Dean does not really have to give a breakdown of donated money.  Just my opinion!

PepperstreetfactoryPepperstreetfactory
    Participant

I felt irritated by the suggestion too and, personally, don’t want a percentage of my donations to pay for the accountants that would be needed to satisfy your curiosity!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.